Early Years Foundation Stage - September 2020
This page contains information for children and their parents for entry into our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Reception & Nursery Class from September 2020.
Our team, lead by Mrs. Smith, will add relevant information and documents to this page. Should you have any questions, please email the school office in the first instance and Mrs. Smith, or another relevant member of our team, will get back to you. We very much look forward to working with you at this important time in your child's development.
Welcome to St. Mary's!
Transition arrangements September 2020
In order to support children's transition to school we request the following support:
- Send in a recent photograph of your child so we can ensure that they have a peg label ready for their first day at school. (Send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email a selection of photographs of friends, family, pets and places that are special to your child and we will make these into a special book for your child to share at school. (Send to email@example.com)
- Watch the video tour of the EYFS classroom. We will add a video tour of the classroom to the 'Early Years Foundation Stage - September 2020' section of the school website W/C 31st August.
- Watch the pre-recorded information sessions for phonics, maths, Tapestry and ClassDojo. (Web links will be sent to parents via email W/C 7th September)
- Attend a video call question and answer session with your child's class teacher. (W/C 14th September)
Please ensure that your child has the following items in school:
- White T-shirt
- Black Shorts
*Nursery children do not need PE kit in school until summer term
Forest sessions (Thursday AM & Friday PM)
- Suitable coat for the weather
- Old clothing (Summer term)
- Waterproof trousers or all in one suit (Optional)
- One full change of clothing in case of any spillages or accidents. (This can be left in a bag on your child’s peg and will be sent home when it needs to be replenished)
- Named water bottle
Please label all your child’s clothing so we are able to be return items back to their owners.