Early Years Foundation Stage - Nursery & Reception Class
This page contains information for children and their parents for entry into our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Nursery & Reception Class.
Our team will frequently update relevant information and documents on this page. Should you have any questions, please email the school office in the first instance and Mrs Smith, or another relevant member of our team, will get back to you. We very much look forward to working with you at this important time in your child's learning journey.
Welcome to St. Mary's!
Transition arrangements for starting school
Day 1- Parent and child information sessions
All children new to the school will be invited to attend an outdoor play session. During this session, you will meet some of the Early Years Foundation Stage staff team. This will be an opportunity to talk to your child’s class teacher and have a tour of the classroom if you haven't already had an opportunity to look round the school.
Day 2- Two-hour introduction to school sessions
Children attend school during the morning session at 9.00 am-11.00 am. This is a short session to enable your child to explore the classroom and get to know the adults and children in the class.
Day 3- Children in school agreed hours
Nursery children attend 8:40am-11:50am or 8:40am-3:15pm if registered for 30 hours.
Reception children attend 8:40am-3:15pm.
In order to support children's transition to school we request the following support:
1. Attend an information session via zoom on Monday 28th June 2021.
2. Provide us with information about any current setting your child attends, so that we can visit or speak with their key worker to get more information about your child in a learning environment.
2. Send in a recent photograph of your child so we can ensure that they have a peg label ready for their first day at school. (Send to email@example.com)
3. Email a selection of photographs of friends, family, pets and places that are special to your child and we will make these into a special book for your child to share at school. (Send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Bring your child for a transition visit in the classroom (invitations for this to be sent individually)
Please make sure your child has the following in school:
Forest sessions (Thursday AM & Friday PM)
- Suitable coat for the weather
- Old clothing (Summer term)
- Waterproof trousers or all in one suit (Optional)
- One full change of clothing in case of any spillages or accidents. (This can be left in a bag on your child’s peg and will be sent home when it needs to be replenished)
- Named water bottle
Please label all your child’s clothing so we are able to be return items back to their owners.